• Is it ok to bring our own music to play with a group?
You can certainly bring your own music. Several of our past participants have brought their personal music libraries for the groups to use.
• Are all the groups going to be quintets? Or are there other groups, like trios, quartets, etc.?
We are focusing on woodwind quintets in 2014 with limited spaces for pianists. We will also be playing trios and quartets.
• Do I need to rent a car?
No. All activities take place on campus. There are shuttles from Asheville airport, please consult www.flyavl.com. For trips into downtown Asheville (4.8 miles away), we suggest using a cab.
• I have a medical condition. Are there good hospitals in the Asheville area in case of an emergency?
Asheville’s Mission Hospital is a Level II Trauma system and can handle essentially all medical needs. Please see www.missionhospitals.org
• How much walking will we have to do during the week?
The three buildings in which ACMR takes place are near each other on the same quad at Asheville School. Housing will be in Kehaya dormitory, Sharp Dining Hall is nearby and the ensemble practice rooms are in Mitchell Hall. Take a virtual tour of Asheville School’s beautiful campus HERE.
• Are there individual rooms available for personal practice and warmups?
Those participants staying in Kehaya dormitory are welcome to practice in their own rooms.
• Will we have a secure area for commuters to store instruments during lunch or free time ?
We will arrange for a secure storage area.