We love playing music for audiences of all ages!
Our mission is to share great music with people of all ages and socioeconomic strata.
We are pleased to launch Shining Light Project bringing music to all facets of our community–especially to those who may be struggling or are disadvantaged.
Our audiences join in the creative fun during our interactive performances and make music alongside the professionals!
Keowee Chamber Music was the first chamber music group invited to join the North Carolina Arts Councilʼs cARTwheels touring program. From 2008 to 2010, KCM partnered with Cuarteto la Catrina and Charlotte Salsa Dance in a program entitled Fandango, Tango, Huapango and brought the vibrancy of Latin music, art, dance, and culture to more than 10,000 school children across North Carolina.
In 2010, to celebrate our 10th anniversary, we initiated a mentoring program for gifted young musicians and featured them in GeneratioNext concerts. We continue
to mentor student musicians and support young professionals in the early stages of their career.
We have joyfully produced excellent children’s programming in collaboration with the following terrific organizations:
- Asheville-Buncombe Library System
- Lake Eden Arts Festival in Schools & Streets
- Greenville Boys and Girls Club
- The Hop Ice Cream Parlor and others
Additionally, we bring music to senior centers, assisted living communities, prisons and homeless shelters including:
- Battery Park Apartments, for seniors
- Room at the Inn, emergency shelter for homeless women
- Asheville Sister Cities
- Asheville Jewish Community Center
- Western Carolina Rescue Ministry, homeless shelter
- Stargazers (for children with Downs Syndrome and their families) at YMCA Camp Greenville.